Nudge Nudge Games
Based in Berlin, Germany
Press / Business contact:
Spring or Summer 2021
Steam (PC/Mac) (2021)
Steam Store Page:
Nimoyd - Survival Sandbox
Nimoyd is a post-apocalyptic survival sandbox voxel game with generated cities, dungeons, aliens, underworld monsters, and mechs. You’ve crash-landed on Earth, in 2702. Craft, dig, fight through a vast and colorful post-apocalyptic open-world full of wonder. Find love. Raise a family. Or craft a mech, build a fortress, save the planet, and beat the Underlord together with your friends.
Nimoyd hopefully pushes the survival sandbox genre a little forward, but it is also an indie story about two friends. What started 2016 as a spare time project between two friends, turned after nightly builds next to freelancing jobs eventually 2019 into a small indie studio, self-funded. Today it is a team of 5, with a few contributors.Publisher
We've been contacted by ~38 publishers, all sizes, in the past 6 months. We are still self-funded and independent, but a decision whether and with whom we'll team up will be made probably soon.A Gamasutra blog on the history of Nimoyd
- Survive a Vast World. Your only way to survive is to dig, craft, and fight through this strange world. Manage your energy supply as you explore forests, grass plains, deserts, dark caves and dungeons, and generated cities filled with enemies. Beware the night though, as the dark Spirits will haunt you.
- Scavenge, Craft, Farm, and Survive. After crash landing with little to nothing help, the clock is ticking to find something to eat and to develop the equipment you need for exploration. Each biome offers useful resources for you to gather. Craft gear, lights, food, but also a bed, a table, buildings, vehicles, or even a mecha. Whatever you make will help you survive further away from your base. Who knows what else you can find deep below in the Underworld, and who knows what you could craft with it!
- Become a Hero. Customize your hero based on 16 hero types, ranging from humans to aliens, and magical creatures. Add unique character traits such as “Brave” or “Lazy” to make him unique, and watch how other characters in the game react to you. Earn XP and unlock the full skill tree!
- Create Your Own Dynasty. Build a home. Choose recipes, and manage your defense against either other human factions, or new alien colonists, or against the Underlord who lives deep below in the Underworld. Use your home base to store resources, park vehicles, and replenish your supplies as you explore the vast world. Manage your defence against either the human factions, the new alien colonists, or against the nightly Spirits – or other players. Participate in wars between human factions or defend their factions against those strange alien colonists from space, or even play as an alien faction yourself.
- Play With Friends. Invite your friends to your planet and go on an adventure underground or against the aliens. Or join one of the many public planets, to experience a more hilarious world filled with lots and lots of player factions and cities. But since Nimoyd is as a single player game at its core, take your time for that, and do it whenever you feel is right for you, and keep playing alone. As you like.
- Fear the Underworld. What happened to your planet? What about that infecting Fungus that destroys villages and even alien colonies with ease? Why keep the humans talking about an Underlord in the Underworld? And where are those nightly creatures, called Spirits, come from? And what about the aliens? Why on Earth do alien colonists dig so vigorously deeper underground every day? Can you find a way to make it off the planet alive, or to fight off the Underlord or the aliens?
- Make Friends. Discover vast nations and randomly generated cities, where you will rub your shoulders with traders, talk to soldiers, and even children. Listen to their stories to learn about their culture and the late history of this world.
- Find Love, Raise a Family. Eventually, you’ll find a sweetheart that you’d like to marry. Raise a family and secure your heritage. Build not just a home but an everlasting dynasty together with the love of your life.
Gameplay Overview YouTube
There are far more images available for Nudge Nudge Games, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
- "You can also make a lover and make a child, and in the unlikely event that the character dies, the child can continue playing in the form of taking over everything."
- Automaton Game Magazine (Japan), Twitter
- "next level Terraforming! this looks great!!"
- @Leahbjackson, Twitter
- "Innovating! You should definitely reach mobile one day. Look at codm success haha. The game looks stunning already"
- @unilexx, Twitter
- "Love it when good voxel art feels like good pixel art st the same time"
- @OnlyByMidnight, Twitter
Business, Game Design and Tech Lead
2D Artist, Animator
Executive Producer, Ysbryd Games
2D Artist, UI Designer
Salvador Bas Folch
Nusrat Jahan Shanta